Robert E. Lamb, Inc. seeks a full-time, registered mechanical engineer for our suburban Valley Forge, PA, headquarters. Join our dynamic, established firm that is a recognized industry leader in developing 24/7, high-reliability critical infrastructure and complex industrial/manufacturing facilities.
On our team, you will work closely with our senior management and a diverse set of clients on cutting-edge designs to address issues such as redundancy, storm hardening, threat mitigation, and electromagnetic pulse (EMP) protection . Projects may include control and data centers and other facilities such as manufacturing plants, warehouses, and laboratories.
This position requires experience in assisting clients through evaluations of and designs for HVAC, plumbing, and fire protection systems. Familiarity with mission-critical systems is a plus.
Education and Experience Required
- Minimum of bachelor of science degree in mechanical engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with commercial clients, preferably industrial and utility clients.
- Mechanical design experience applying fundamental principles to design challenges to include the professional creation of plans, specifications, code research and supporting design calculations and documentation.
- Experience with the design and overall management of projects from concept development through construction documentation.
- Experience with client contact, presentations and the ability to assume a leadership role.
- Experience coordinating projects with engineers in other disciplines.
- Experience with HVAC, plumbing, and fire suppression systems for pharmaceutical, light industrial, laboratory and commercial buildings.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Certification as a LEED Accredited Professional.
- Familiarity with HVAC load programs and software (for example, Hourly Analysis Program).
- Understanding of requirements associated with the Uptime Institute’s tier levels for critical infrastructure.
- Ability to read, interpret, comprehend, modify and document changes to drawings, schematics, equipment and instruction manuals.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with others in a team environment, as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to assimilate and understand information in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, plan, and stay on schedule to meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Active listening skills.
- Excellent writing and oral communication and business skills.
- Ability to interpret and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Willing to participate in a background check.
- Ability to travel, if necessary.
Other Things That Will Help You Succeed in This Position
- Have the aptitude to learn new technology quickly.
- Maintain a positive, pleasant, and professional attitude with all levels of staff, customers, and government representatives.
- Meet company goals and deadlines in a timely and efficient manner.
- Take initiative and be pro-active.
- Have a strong work ethic and high integrity.
- Be dependable, punctual, and reliable.
- Be flexible and open to changing priorities.
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
Robert E. Lamb, Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer. Our policy is to provide equal opportunity to all qualified persons, regardless of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, veteran status, or disability.